četrtek, 28. julij 2011

Ko se je potrebno posloviti od ljubljene živali...

Pesem, ki mi vedno prikliče solze v oči...


If it be I shall grow frail and weak
And pain should wake me from my sleep
Then you must do what must be done
For this last battle can’t be won
You will be sad, I understand
But don't let your grief then stay your hand
For this day more than all the rest
Your love and friendship must stand the test
We've had so many happy years
What is to come will hold no fears
You'll not want me to suffer, so
When the time comes, please let me go
I know in time, you too will see
It is a kindness you do for me
Although my tail its last has waved
From pain and suffering I’ve been saved

Do not grieve that it should be you
Who has to decide this thing to do
We've been so close, we two, these years
Don't let your heart hold any tears
Three score and ten are given to man
But our is a much briefer span
So, though I give you all my heart
The time will come when we must part
But all around you, you will see
Creatures that speak to you of me
A tired horse, a hunted thing
A sparrow with a broken wing
Pity and help, I know you will
And somehow I'll be with you still
And I shall know although I'm gone
The love I gave you lingers on.


Ni komentarjev:

Objavite komentar